Jelocorp acknowledges and supports consumer rights and the right to privacy. We will ensure that personal information (“information”) is collected and handled in a transparent and lawful manner in alignment with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPIA”).
It is important that you read this Notice carefully before submitting any information to us. By submitting any information to us, you provide consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Notice.
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Jelocorp Pty Ltd (and including this website, www.jelocorp.com) are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Who we are:
Established in 2015 July, a solutions company that operates in the industry of Telecoms, Recruitment, and Construction. Operating in the African market and on a global scale level, assisting third party investors in coming into the African and Asian markets. Currently, a level 1 BEE compliant company, offering consulting services in the recruitment sector, telecoms projects, and construction solutions.
Jelocorp range of services is not limited to the supply, management, and administration of requirements, but across a broad spectrum of local and international industries. Jelocorp is driven by a mission to find innovative solutions to meet our client’s needs.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
We only collect information that is necessary for our business functions and activities and related purposes. The type of information we collect and hold, will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. The information we process is typically to provide you with the services you want, to manage and improve our day-to-day operations, to manage and improve our systems, websites and mobile platforms with the aim of improving your customer experience.
We may also collect your personal information from a person acting on your behalf, any regulator, or other third party that may hold such information.
You agree to give accurate and current information about yourself to Jelocorp and to maintain and update such information when necessary. To improve the accuracy of our data and get to know our customers better.
The types of Personal Data that we may Collect includes information necessary for our legitimate business interests. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, screen name, email address, postal address, physical address, telephone number, date of birth, details about your telephone device (e.g. mobile phone) and your telephone service provider and information related to providing products and services (“Personal Data”).
We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour, transactional information, geographical location and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and income information). We may, on occasion, combine Personal Data we receive online with other records (such as those from telephone and other person) to develop a customer profile relating to you.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To gather contact information.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- For record keeping purposes.
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or user experience optimisation purposes.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Fellow Recruitment companies
- Online Platform
The information that you have provided us with, we utilize in terms of:
- Job seeking
- New Opportunities
- Update Your Current Information
We may share this information with:
Jelocorp will not collect, use, or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
Our clients to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- Where we believe to protect our Candidates and Clients safety
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
To see the Personal Data, we have collected through this Website that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use of your Personal Data on to the web address https://www.jelocorp.com
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Access to personal information.
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
International Transfer of Personal Information
In some cases, the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information may be located outside your country of residence (for example, in a cloud service, system or server), and may be subject to different privacy regimes.
When we disclose personal information overseas, we will take appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information to ensure that the recipient will handle the information in a manner consistent with this policy and the level of protection provided for in POPIA.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Jelocorp to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Jelocorp undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Mr. Jerry Lee & Mr. Frank Mokhali will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Jelocorp from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Mr. Jerry Lee & Mr. Frank Mokhali
Address: 33 Harcus Road, Bedfordview, Gauteng, 2007, South Africa
Phone Number: Number/WhatsApp: 081 794 2924
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za